Wednesday, March 5, 2008

How do I subscribe to this blog?

I decided against going with the main feedburner option, the whole subscription RSS/Atom feed, which is needlessly complicated (in my opinion) to the end user (that means you, the reader).

I work with technology, computers and software all my life - and my motto always has been, keep it as simple as possible. There are a myriad feed services out there: MyYahoo, MyBlogLines, google feed, yadda yadda, bla bla... fuck that jazz.

The simplest option is usually the best in my experience.

Having said that, here is what you do.

Click on this icon now, then hit the back arrow after you see the subscription page:


A new page was loaded on your browser.

On top, you saw Subscribe to this feed using: Live Bookmarks.

To me, that is the best option. Click the subscription icon again. Click on the 'Subscribe Now' button when 'Live Bookmarks' is the option (it is by default) and now in your bookmarks you have AmericanGoy.

And there you go - this bookmark now has all the latest content.

When you go to Boomarks tab on top of your browser window, and put the mouse pointer over AmericanGoy (or click it, whichever), you will see all my latest title posts.

And really, isn't that the best option?

Who has time for all this RSS/Atom feed shit?
Do people really get, say, 20 feeds from various blogs/newssources and read it all at one go? Maybe CIA professionals do, but I have a hard time believing normal people do.

So - keep it very simple.

Check the AmericanGoy bookmark in your Bookmarks Tab on your browser - you see a title you like - click it. And off you go reading my blog.

I like simplicity.

web analytics

No comments: